The Claremont Bed & Breakfast
Covid-19 Actions & Procedures
Ray & Alison
We have always and will continue to put the health and safety of our guests and ourselves first.
We will therefore not be opening to full capacity to allow for social distancing and safety first.
Facilities and services which we have proudly offered since we came to The Claremont in 2001 may be slightly different but, we will do our very best to give you our usual warm welcome and endeavour that you have a relaxing stay with us.
Thank you in advance of your stay for reading and following these new procedures for the benefit and safety of everyone. We are happy to speak with you if you have any questions or concerns prior to booking direct.
This document is partnered with our Risk Assessment available via our BLOG or on request via email. We have achieved our “Good to Go” certification confirming that we are following government and industry Covid-19 guidelines.
We have set out below the measures we have put in place to reduce the risks of infection from Covid-19 to our guests’ and ourselves.
Frequent handwashing with soap and water remains an important factor to help protect you and us. We have provided anti-viral soap in your room and ask please that you use it regularly.
Prior to your stay
Anyone who meets any of the following criteria SHOULD NOT travel to The Claremont:
- Has a high temperature or a new persistent cough or a loss/change in sense of taste and/or smell.
- Has knowingly come into contact with someone with any of the above symptoms within the last 14 days
- Is living with someone in self-isolation or should be self-isolating themselves.
To maintain social distancing we have now moved to contactless payment. Full payment with credit/debit card is required two days before arrival. For direct bookings a secure payment link will be emailed. For bookings via an agent payment is via the card information made at time of booking. Alternatively bank details can be provided on request for BACS payment prior to arrival.
- Check in forms will be required to be completed on line prior to arrival
- Communication prior to arrival and should you prefer, during your stay can be via email, text, telephone or social media platforms. https://www.facebook.com/TheClaremontBedandBreakfast/
Should a guest arrive presenting symptoms of COVID19 they will not be allowed to enter the premises and will be requested to return home immediately to follow the self-isolation procedure, as detailed by the Government.
- We will have your estimated arrival time from your online booking. We ask please that you notify us via telephone or text of any delays.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at the entrance and must be used each time people enter the premises. Please wear face covering.
- To ensure social distancing is maintained check–in formalities will take place in the lounge and/or dining room
- Entrance door and room keys will be will be supplied (these will have been sanitised after previous guests’ departure)
Common Areas inc. Guest lounge
- When walking throughout the building on stairways, landings etc we ask that you wear a face covering and are mindful of social distancing and courteous to other guests.
- Many unnecessary items from around the building are required to be removed to reduce contamination risk and enable thorough cleaning. This includes leaflets, brochures, games and our restaurant guide and popular diary of events. Alison & Ray are happy as always to discuss and recommend where to visit and places to eat.
- Further information of places open to visit – cafes, restaurants and pubs can be found on our social media pages. You may currently need to book/obtain tickets in advance at many venues
- All key touch areas will be regularly cleaned using anti-viral sanitiser. Hand sanitiser is available for use in the lounge.
- Rooms will be vacant 24 hours after previous guests depart and prior to re booking.
- Guests will be shown to their room, maintaining social distancing. We will not enter the room. Please only bring luggage that you can carry yourself as we cannot assist carrying luggage to or from your room.
- We have always had the highest cleaning standards and continue to pay high attention to key touch items – door handles, light switches, kettle lid/handle, TV controls, toilet flush etc. This will now be enhanced after cleaning using anti-viral sanitiser. All linen and towels are washed at temperatures above 60°C
- All non-essential items, soft furnishings, printed materials etc have been removed from bedrooms to avoid cross contamination. Please request any items you feel you require including hairdryer, extra pillows, coat hangers, blanket etc.
- Reduced servicing of rooms will be in place during stays of more than one night. Your room will need to be vacant, personal items including toiletries stowed away and windows left open. This will include replenishing room amenities and removal of rubbish. Only towels left on shower floor will be changed. Beds will not be made. Please discuss this with us if you would prefer that we do not enter your room.
- Linen changes for longer stays may still take place, in consultation with you at the time.
- Any room supplies left after check out, such as tea, coffee, toiletries etc will be ‘quarantined’ before being used again
- We have had to make some small changes to our style of service to comply with guidelines.
- Hand sanitiser will be available in the hall and must be used before entering lounge or dining room.
- Social distancing measures will be in place. Please wait in the lounge to be shown to your allocated seat in the dining room.
- During breakfast service, where social distancing cannot be maintained, we will wear the appropriate PPE and follow hand washing protocols at all times
- Tables will not be pre-set, all clean sanitised utensils, crockery, glassware etc will be served to you upon arrival to your table.
- We regret no buffet items are permitted. All food preparation is prepared in our kitchen and only by us. We have no employees or people entering our kitchen from outside our home. All items will be served by us from the kitchen.
- After guests have vacated tables, all items such as laminated menus, condiments, table cloths will be removed, cleaned/sanitised.
- Guests who wish to eat own food or takeaway are requested to do so in the dining room (lunchtime or evening), up to 9:00pm. This enables us to sanitise the dining room when you have left.
- Please ring hall bell if you require plates, cutlery or glassware. This along with waste should be left for us to clear at the table used please by 10:00pm.
- Please DO NOT eat food other than small snacks in bedrooms.
To check out, all you need to do is ring the bell in the hallway and we will come to say goodbye and collect your key/s. We hope you’ve had a super stay and that you will write a review for us when you get home.
Suspect Covid-19 symptoms
If you or anyone in your party begin to present symptoms of Covid-19 whilst staying at The Claremont you should inform us immediately by phone 01253 723488
Stay in your room until further advise is given. Anyone else in your group must also remain in their room.
Arrangements will be made for everyone to return home and self-isolate according to current government guidance.
We will of course seek immediate medical help for anyone with acute symptoms, breathing difficulties or potential risk to their life.
If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and if necessary, the local authority.
If a guest cannot return home, they will be liable for ALL COSTS including, but not limited to; any additional night’s stay, relocation of other guests booked into the room that they are occupying, all food and beverage costs, any further costs associated with providing any additional services. Subject to our discretion.
Back at home
Once returning home if anyone in your party develops symptoms of Covid-19 or should we become ill, it is understood each will notify the other party.
If you have any further questions on our policies and procedures, please do not hesitate to contact us. We reserve the right to cancel bookings should the government reinstate the lockdown at any later date.
Our general Terms & Conditions and standard cancellation policies are still valid and can be seen in full on our web site or are available by request.
You will be assured we are the same friendly and helpful people we were before Covid-19 and will do everything to ensure you have a wonderful and enjoyable stay.
Alison & Ray Levi
July 2020 (A most unusual year!) Edited August 2020